Seiten

Montag, 15. Juni 2009

Nikon or Canon?

This was my trip to Borkum a couple years ago!! I really had fun! Our family has a trailer there so a trip to this island is really cheap! It rains a lot there but we were lucky and had many beautiful sunny days!! Ohh how I wish I was going on vacation this year! But I wont. So I am sitting here looking at pictures of all the trips I went on..














Since I wont be going on vacation this year I am thinking about buying a good camera! Not the best camera but one that is good for beginners! I need a camera that I can learn photography with. I have no idea which one yet but this one (Nikon D40) seems good after reading reviews.

I am open to other opinions though!! :)



7 Kommentare:

Susan hat gesagt…

I have a Nikon D40, and I absolutely love it. You can see some of my photos with it here: www.dancingbarefootphotography.blogspot.com With a little bit of experimenting, it is really easy to use!!! From one photographer to another - Good luck. I love the pictures you put in this post!

Michelle hat gesagt…

i am a canon girl, myself. it has never let me down. ever.

the canon rebel xti is a good one to check out for starters.

Emily hat gesagt…

Hey Jessi!

Thanks for all the nice comments! I am taking y first photography class this summer! (I started yesterday) I feel like I don't know anything!

But I do know this . . . more important than which camera to buy is which lens company do you want to commit to? Lens' are much more expensive in the long run (and often times more expensive than the camera itself)and you will eventually buy more than one lens (if you really love photography) so in the end, which company do you want to commit to buy lens's from? Canon or Nikon? (they are not interchangeable)

I decided on a Nikon (I just bought the Nikon D90 in January) and I LOVE it. Canon's are great too. One company is not superior to the other.

The D40 would be a great camera to start off with.

On a side note, I would buy JUST the camera body alone (don't buy one that comes with a kit lens) and buy the lens separate. Kit lens' are very poor quality. The value of your image will not come from how fancy your camera is, but the quality of the glass in the lens.

I'm going to shut up now! :)

Emily hat gesagt…

Hey! Check the comment section on my blog on the post, "When my hobbies collide." Someone left a comment for you there.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend hat gesagt…

Great pictures....I enjoyed reading your blog tonight....Love it when I have time to do blog hopping...
This month I am posting on our Disney trip.

Mrs. Dunbar hat gesagt…

The pictures are really nice. I have a Canon Rebel and LOVE it. The good thing about Canon's is that they have a wide range of lenses to choose from. I am going to take my first photography class this summer with this camera. Good luck, its a big decision.

Rebecca Lily hat gesagt…

Hey Jessica!

I think both Canon and Nikon are going to be great - honestly I don't see a difference in picture quality and I know pro's who use both. :) I use Canon myself but that's because I started out with Canon and don't want to re-invest in lenses. The Canon Rebel XSi would be a wonderful starter camera and you could buy it used for under $500. That was the one I started out on and I LOVED it!

Regarding the Lightroom templates, I'm not sure why you had trouble with them - did you unzip the file first? If you download a zip file, you'll need to do that, and then import the template by going into your "Develop" tab in Lightroom, right-clicking "user presets" and browsing out to find the file.

Let me know if that works for you!
Rebecca