Seiten

Montag, 1. Juni 2009

Footprints in the sand....


One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.

In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there was one only.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord,

“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”

The Lord replied, “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.”


Mary Stevenson, 1936


I like this poem.. I know it is true. In times that sucked so bad for me or my family I can now look back and see that He was carrying me/us. I often think I wouldnt be where I am right now if He hadnt been there.

After I was left after a 2 year relationship I was devastated. I thought I wouldn't survive. I stopped eating, I stopped living, I escaped. I couldn't live there anymore, so I left and lived in the states for a couple of months.
I never thought I could look back to that time without crying. I now am able to look back. I can't smile, I dont think I ever will be able to do that, but I am able to look back and see that God was there and guided me. He wanted me to leave before I could harm myself any more. Actually I cant remember that relationship anymore now. Its kind of weird. I can remember the time but not the time we had together. I guess that is just a way of protecting myself, its quite convenient! ;)

There were other times that I know He was there.. He picked me up before I could fall..

I am thankful for God. I am thankful that I now have a relationship with Him. I know many ppl haven't let Him in their lives yet, and I havent until a couple of months ago... It took a long 22 years until I was able to do so. The sad thing is that for me something bad had to happen to realize He was there. I hope for other people they can find him before they are in a devastating situation.



3 Kommentare:

Michelle hat gesagt…

thanks for stopping by my blog.

i love photography and everything about it ... i've had a camera attached to my hand since i was about 5. :)

as for this poem, i love it. my heart flutters everytime i read it.

Emily hat gesagt…

I love this poem. Love the new blog look !

Becky hat gesagt…

Jessica? I found you through MckMama's BlogFrog comments on April Rose. I just happened to e-mail them last night to offer support. This is the address that was on their blog:
littleoneapril@gmail.com, not sure if it still works or not.

I will continue to pray for them. They need our prayers more than ever, no matter what the situation is.