Seiten

Sonntag, 6. Juni 2010

The journey ahead of me....


Today I was standing in my bathroom and for the first time I had this happy, excited feeling about going to the States in November. I have dreamed of this ALL MY LIFE! Ask my parents or my brother, but I wasn't able to feel to feel the joy yet...
Many has to do with a break up, leaving behind my parents, my brother, some friends and especially MY DOG!!! I have cried more tears having to leave him behind, than I cried when I left for my exchange year. I just have to cuddle him, talk to him and tears just start coming. (right now again!)
I have posted about him a lot on here, I wrote that buying him was the BEST decision I ever made. I would give up my camera, my laptop and cell phone just to be able to take him with me.
But I can't just think about myself... I know he will hate the Texas heat, he will hate not being able to go for long walks just because it's 100 degrees outside. I don't want him to have to suffer just for me to be happy... Leaving him behind will be in his best interest...

But today I was happy... I thought about my daily routine in the States, the food, the people.... I thought about the things I want to achieve when I get there and I was happy... I wish this journey could start sooner than November... I can't wait to eat cajun chicken pasta at Chili's and cheese cake for dessert!! I can't wait o go to Walmart in the middle of the night... I can't wait to go to the mall or Six Flags!!

The journey ahead of me won't always be easy but in the end I sure hope to find happiness....

2 Kommentare:

carlotta cisternas hat gesagt…

Have fun! We're headed to Germany in September my for grandparents 50th anniversary. Both my parents grew up there, so we usually every year to visit family...I love Germany :)

Jewelcat hat gesagt…

This brings a smile to my face! I can't wait for you to come to Texas! I love it here! It makes me so sad that you have to leave your dog tho......lots of dogs here go on long walks in our 100 degree weather and love doing it with there owners....maybe you could rethink leaving him behind...or send for him later! I think you should bring him, especially if you love him soooo much! I am a big dog lover, so I understand your pain! But I'm super excited you want to come so badly, and I had no idea of the things you miss while you've been gone...very fun to know! xoxoox