Seiten

Mittwoch, 6. Mai 2009

2444 pages....


So this is what I got for christmas from my parents!! I read about the Twilight saga on many blogs and thought I really had to have the books!! I wanted them in english and also as hardcovers!! I think my mom had to order them from the states.

I never felt the urge to start reading them. I was occupied with many other books so these were just decorating my book shelf! Theres nothing wrong with that but christmas was almost 5 months ago.

So 2 weeks ago on a friday I took out the first book.. I am sure I had plans for that weekend, but when I started reading all my plans just vanished.. 498 pages later on that same friday I opened the second one.... I have seriously never been so much into a book. It all became so real. I know I tend to be that way when I read a good book but this time it was even more..
It was hard to put the book down for the night, but then again it wasnt that bad when I fell asleep.
Because that first night I dreamed of Bella, Edward, Jacob, Alice, Jasper, Rose, Emmett, Carlisle, Esme, Charlie, a silver Volvo, an old truck etc... I had no idea that would be only one of many dreams I would have. I was living there with them and when I woke up I was actually sad it had all been a dream..

I got up at 7 and kept reading the second book. I only put it down for maybe an hour to go otuside with Momo and take a shower. Nicole was getting really mad at me. I wouldnt help make dinner, I actually hardly ate, I didnt check emails, I didnt answer the phone, I just sat there and read... 563 pages later I was holding book numer 3 in my hands without even noticing...
I felt like being part of everything. I hurt when Bella hurt, I cried when they cried, I was happy when they were happy and mad or furious when they felt that way...
I couldnt put the book down.. Just as the two before... It just wouldnt work...
I went to bed sad for not having finished the 3rd book yet... The next morning I got up early again just to take the book and start reading. 629 pages later and I was done with that book...

Now comes the bad part. We were invited by friends to a barbecue so I had to force myself not to start book number 4.. I didnt know what to do with myself while I waited to get ready to leave.
I am sure I kept looking at the fourth book and felt a huge longing to just grab it and lock myself in the bathroom(only room with a key) and just forget about the invitation and the ppl around me but I didnt.

I actually had a nice evening. The food and conversations were great, we played a game and the time went by too fast...
Next day would be a monday and I had to go back to class. Reality hit... I wasnt able to just sit on the couch all day and read. That was really hard on me. I took the book in the train and to my classes and every chance I got I would start reading... There wouldnt be many chanes!!

Today I was able to finish all 729 pages of the fourth book.

I am SOOOO THANKFUL that my class this morning was cancelled!! I am so glad there is a happy ending... I am so sad it's over... I am so glad I didnt read the first book when it came out bc I would have not been able to wait for the second.. I am sad that my dreams will become less... I am glad I found out about these books!!

2444 pages later... now I will have to go watch the movie....

3 Kommentare:

Evie's Story hat gesagt…

Thank you for your comment and for praying for Maggie!

Emily hat gesagt…

These books are amazing. I've read all of them at least twice. The movie is good . . . but not nearly as good as the book.

I am in LOVE with Edward. And my husband is totally okay with that. :)

Sandi hat gesagt…

I haven't been over here forever. I am so sorry I am a shitty blog friend. I LOVED the twilight series. LOVED IT! I, however, am not an Edward fan. I have my very own Edward in Brandon. So that leaves me in the Jacob fan club. " Once you go pack, you never go back!"