seems to be flying by...
I finally have a topic for my bachelor paper.
"Wenn du nicht hörst, dann schick ich dich ins Heim"
Eine kritische Betrachtung der hist. Entwicklung der Heimerziehung
I am going to write about the horrid circumstances in children's homes during the time of 1945-1970. Children were imprisoned in these homes, forced to work and beaten. These home's were actually Christian homes, which is quite unbelievable to me, especially since all of this happened right after WWII.Eine kritische Betrachtung der hist. Entwicklung der Heimerziehung
("If you won't listen, I will send you into a children's home" (this is a threat some parents use here, when they are frustrated with their children) A critical examination of the historic development of children's homes.)
I want to write about the past and then about these homes today and how they have changed. I want to analyze why we have a negative image in out heads when we think of them and if it is still justified or outdated. I really need to get started, considering I have to be completely done by August 1st (corrected by 3 people, boned(?), mailed).
Summer still hasn't kicked in. We have been getting more rain than ever before. Or at least it feels like that to me. Sunny days are ALWAYS followed by rainy days. The outdoor pool that is 2 blocks away from my apartment will be opening in 2 days and I doubt there will be many people swimming there. Talk about financial losings for them..
The apartment is as clean as it always is during my finals time. I just cant get motivated to read for papers or study for finals if there is a single dog hair on the floor... Since Momo is shedding like crazy that can give you an idea of why I haven't been able to start yet.
Someone who has been like a mentor/father to me a couple of years ago might have cancer. This has hit me hard, since he is such a great example when it comes to living a healthy life, being obedient, godly, caring, adventurous, full of joy, hard working.... the list could go on forever.... He is such a great father to his kids, the best husband anyone could ever hope for, a friend that will go 10000000 extra miles just to help you out.... You get the picture... I am praying for him and his family...




Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen